Re: Mid rhizome rot attack/Eaves

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Mid rhizome rot attack/Eaves
  • From: oneofcultivars@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 20:39:55 EDT

In a message dated 10/2/2002 10:46:31 AM Central Daylight Time, IrisLady@comcast.net writes:

Will the whole plant continue to get rot and die now?  Other than rot - - how does Peace and Harmony grow for you?  (I've ordered it this year.)

Peace and Harmony was first planted here in November of 1999. It did well and bloomed the spring of 2000. It initiated growth of 3 or 4 new fans following that season. Average increase here is about 5x for west coast rhizomes. Sometime between 2001 and spring 2002 bloom, one of these fans disappeared (I may have given it away or it may have died). In 2002 bloom season it produced two stalks. I've not completed the bed map where I am replanting so I've not counted the fans now. I personally like larger rhizomes. It goes dormant to semi dormant here in summer. Most fans are about 6 inches tall now having just initiated growth in the last few weeks.

All irises are beautiful but some rhizomes smell worse than others. <g>

Bill Burleson 7a/b
Old South Iris Society

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor