Re: Photographic gear

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Photographic gear
  • From: "Pearl Doyle" pdoyle@our-town.com
  • Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 19:41:19 -0500

Hi Bob, I think I can help you a little with your camera/picture taking. It's probably not your camera's fault and probably not even camera movement. If you are trying to take pictures of flowers up close, you will need to study the effect of depth of field. Without getting too technical, let me say that most cameras are not equipped with lenses for taking close-ups, but it's simple to remedy. I bought an inexpensive set of "filters" that screw on the front of my camera lens. They look like a lens, but you need to ask for magnifying filters. It's been a while since I've used a regular camera but I think I liked the +2 filter for closeups. Mine came in a set of three and the cost was about $22. I got some really great pictures. I use a digital camera now, but I still liked the pictures I got from the old totally manual SLR camera. Pearl