[PHOTO] Re: RE:iris-photos: Photographic gear | Fri, 11 Oct 2002 11:18:38" />

[PHOTO] Re: RE:iris-photos: Photographic gear

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] RE:iris-photos: Photographic gear
  • From: Catherine Button cathy@pav.research.panasonic.com
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 12:15:29 -0400

On Friday 11 October 2002 11:31, Cheryl Leigh Chamberlin wrote:
> OK, I didn't phrase that very well.<G> I had looked at and handled many
> camera models, done research online, and discussed my needs and wants with
> the salespeople there, before I made my decision.

Wow. Same here.

> I had narrowed my
> selection down to the 3040, the 700 and I think one of the Canons. I ruled
> out the Canon because I didn't like the way it felt in my hand,

Ditto! Same for SLR's 30 years ago. Weight, shape and feel were so important.
Cannons and Nikons were always not quite right. And my Olympus OM-1N slr and
in all the modern digital comparisons I did, Olympus still has that just
right feel...

> the choice between the 3040 and the 700, they recommended the 3040 because
> they thought it was more camera for the money and because after discussions
> with them I realized that the 700's zoom wasn't a high priority afterall. I
> don't miss it. I don't need a lot of zoom at a typical cat show, and in the
> garden I get good results with macro mode.
> Cheryl Leigh

Well, no cat shows, but my dog Apollo is Mr. September in the 2003 Afghan
Rescue calendar! And they picked the photo of him taken in my japanese iris
bed, taken with my olympus c-3020!

          Phone: 609-518-3700 x4444          Fax: 609-518-3720

  cathy@gixxergirl.org           http://www.gixxergirl.org/

Plan to Sell a Home?