RE: HYB: seedling (no flower)

  • Subject: RE: [iris-photos] HYB: seedling (no flower)
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 13:07:04 -0700

Hi, Linda,

It looks as though your garden grows even more rocks than mine.

I’m planting all my seeds this fall if it ever cools down enough.  We’re still running over 100 degrees every day.  I just took off the 6 mil. clear plastic with which I have been solarizing the bed for the past six weeks.  In another two weeks, I’ll have Marvin with the rototiller and myself with a rake fixing it for planting.  I have a lot of seeds in the refrigerator using Appleblossom Days, Happenstance, Pond Lily and Pink Champagne among others as parents.  There’s much to look forward to.  If this hot country kills off 4/5 of them as it did last year, at least I won’t have to monkey with a bunch of weaklings.  Those parents all grow well here in the heat without rotting.