[PHOTO] Re: TB: Puccini (Griff and Bill) | Sat, 25 Oct 2003 01:16:36" />

[PHOTO] Re: TB: Puccini (Griff and Bill)

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] TB: Puccini (Griff and Bill)
  • From: "Margie Valenzuela" IrisLady@comcast.net
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 22:43:30 -0700

The iris behind Puccini is Repartee. (Smith 1968).  Here is a photo of Repartee from last year.  This year the form was fuller, but I failed to get a photo.  It has average growth for me.  I'm partial to those red colors.
Concerning Puccini.................. yes, I sharpened it using Paint Shop Pro 7.   It has an option for sharpening photos. The sharpening effect doesn't affect colors, hue, tone, brightness, color saturation, etc.  It strictly only sharpens. Which is perfect - - so the natural colors etc. are not affected. The program has an "Unsharp Mask" feature too which actually gives a softer sharpness to a photo.  In this case - I probably should have used that option.
I don't recall that the undersides of Puccini being a different color.  It seems to me - - that it does not.  Oh - - - here is another photo of Puccini from a different angle.  It shows the undersides as white with the purple striping showing through.  Yes, this photo was sharpened also, AND has Repartee in the background too. :-)
Puccini took a couple of years for it to adapt to this desert climate.  Now it is nicely adapted and grows very well.  I am so glad!!!    I used it in crosses this year because of it's markings.  Which reminds me - - it is almost time to plant those seeds.
Margie V.
Oro Valley, AZ.
Zone 8/9