[PHOTO] Re: Seedling pic (Will Warner) | Mon, 27 Oct 2003 23:32:47" />

[PHOTO] Re: Seedling pic (Will Warner)

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] Seedling pic (Will Warner)
  • From: "Will Warner" wildbill@techie.com
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 23:32:37 -0600

It has a nice soft fragrance, not too spicey.  It's color is kinda steeley from a distance, lot's of
diamond dusting up close.  I too like some of the older formed iris.  When I first started
hybridizing I didn't have enough time to make all my crosses.  I'd read of hybridizers mixing
pollens.  So, When i'd go out daily, I'd pic pollen from select newer cultivars that I liked, put them
all in a film canister, and use a paint brush to pollenate. Then I'd pollenate alot of the flowers
blooming on that day older varieites and newer ones' too.  I got about 200 seedlings from these
crosses. I had three that bloomed in two years(this white is one of them).  I'm hoping a bunch of
the others will bloom in spring.   I'll attach another pic of one of the seedlings, It's alittle more on
the flared side.  Color is kinda odd, I've been refering to the color as sunset color's.  Kind of an
pink/yellow mix bight yellow beards and hafts.  I don't know where it got these colors from.  But
that's what happens when you don't mark them.  Will