Re: Alien Weed & native blue aster

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Alien Weed & native blue aster
  • From: Sterling Okase sterling_o@yahoo.com
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 09:28:03 -0800 (PST)

Thanks Mickey,
I haven't yet tackled trying to remove the vine yet. I
will probably do it sometime this week. It seems a
shame to destroy the plant. Maybe I will try to clip
off the affected leaves and see if I suffer a repeat
occurance. I don't know why I am being so sentimental
about keeping this variegated aquilegia, I have a
ziploc baggie full of seeds from this plant. It would
be very easy to restart a new plant.

the other Sterling
Seattle, WA. USA
zone 8

--- Mickey Corley <mcorley@compuserve.com> wrote:

> ....It is
> useless to attempt to
> disentangle the dodder plant from the plant it has
> attacked.    The only
> sure way is to dig up the host plant or the portion
> of the plant it has
> attacked and BURN it immediately.  It can be
> eradicated with 2,4-D, but
> this will also usually kill the host plant.

Rent DVDs from home.
Over 14,500 titles. Free Shipping
& No Late Fees. Try Netflix for FREE!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ybSovB/hP.FAA/3jkFAA/2gGylB/TM