[PHOTO] Re: Re: reblooming seedling | Thu, 30 Oct 2003 09:07:42" />

[PHOTO] Re: Re: reblooming seedling

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] Re: reblooming seedling
  • From: "Mike Sutton" suttons@lightspeed.net
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 07:09:05 -0800

Hello Christopher,
Personally yellow is my least favorite color followed by anything real pale.
That is why I like input from other sources, it's good to counter-balance my
own bias.  10 years ago I would have said color (colour) is the most
important selling point in an iris.  However.....over the past four years
the biggest selling iris for us by far has been Low Ho Silver followed by
Immortality.   It seems that the general gardening public has decided that
rebloom is more important than color.  Our top 10 selling iris are all
rebloomers.  Interesting trend.  I think that, given a choice, a person
would select a reliable reblooming iris with vivid color over a white or
yellow but there aren't too many choices at the moment.  Anyway...thanks for
the input, desperately needed.  I have attached a picture of Bride's Blush,
solid rebloom on it this year.  It is one of the parents of both the
seedlings posted, personally I think it is better than both it's kids.