Re: HYB: seedlings - whites & yellows

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: HYB: seedlings - whites & yellows
  • From: Linda Mann lmann@volfirst.net
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 12:29:57 -0500

I agree there do seem to be an awful lot of yellow rebloomers & white
ones, even several that thrive here and even rebloom.  But there is
still plenty of room for ones with more reliable stalk height under
<normal> stressful conditions, taller stalks (so many irises 33 inches
and less) much room for more reliable branching, and even a little room
for larger or more reliable, uniform bloom size.

SUMMER OLYMPICS is blooming now - biggest and prettiest blooms I've ever
seen on it, on 14 (guessing) inch stalks.  Would love to see something
that stalks as nicely & is as healthy & reliable as HARVEST OF MEMORIES,
but with bigger & wider flowers.

And as I try to understand the three yellow pigments and how they are
inherited, I would love to have a reliable rebloomer with one yellow
pigment apiece <g>

As for whites, the only reliable tall rebloomer here is SUMMER
WHITEWINGS (a bit old fashioned for most).

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8