Re: HYB: Crump cultivars

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] HYB: Crump cultivars
  • From: "Margie Valenzuela" IrisLady@comcast.net
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 20:23:08 -0700

Hi Gruff,

Of the two photos posted there, I'd prefer BULBUL AMBER. To me - - it seems to be better balanced, and seems to have better form. Even though the color is very common - it's nice.

What I look for in an iris is 1.) Distinctiveness in it's color or color pattern,  2.) Form  3.)  Substance  4.) Amount of buds and how they display themselves,  5.) Branching  6.) height

Actually.................. Distinctiveness - - is more like 75% of my decision of whether or not I will purchase it. Whether something rebooks or not - doesn't really matter all that much to me.  (It's a plus if it does)  And when it comes to space-agers - - I love large flounces, but the horns I can pass on every time.  :-)   It's just me. And each year I find myself gravitating toward a different color/or pattern than the year before too.  Some years it's looking for the best pink, or white, or a certain color of beard, etc.out there.

Margie V.
Oro Valley, AZ.
Zone 8/9
IrisLady@comcast.net