Re: HYB: pigments

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: HYB: pigments
  • From: "Neil A Mogensen" <neilm@charter.net>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 12:16:23 -0400

I wonder if IMMORTALITY being a dominant "I" white makes a difference in IMCS-1's pigments.  Even though it lacks "I" itself and has "I(s)" instead--I would assume, there are hidden pigments in an "I" type white.  Anthocyanins and all sorts of co-pigments, chelates and so on can be present, but not in complete chemical synthesis.  Some of these may be inherited when the defect in synthesis that makes an iris an "I" white is present.  Perhaps some of the lateral materials in the vacuole are soluble in both alcohol/water solutions and alcohol/oil solutions?
Does this seem possible, Linda?
And--please don't take offence at the wry dig about stirring with a Crayola.  My Scandinavian humor gets me in trouble sometimes.
Neil Mogensen  z 7 western NC mountains

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links