Re: REB: Twilight Fancies

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: REB: Twilight Fancies
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@volfirst.net>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 19:12:43 -0400

Since you oopsed with your comment, I'll add mine here as well.

Based on pedigree (MOTHER EARTH is not good here), I would <not> have
ordered this one or asked for it as a sub or bonus, but Joan was out of
what I wanted last year, & sent it to me even tho I said not.  She said
it was so much prettier than the ones I wanted...

Sometimes it's <very> nice to have people over-rule my choices <g>  It
doesn't have quite the health of IMMORTALITY, HARVEST OF MEMORIES etc,
but is close.

I have seeds from its pollen on my "Dusky Grape": DG-13: (DUSKY
CHALLENGER X GRAPE ICE) and STUNNING SERENADE, plus set pods on it from
my reblooming near amoena "Cloud Shadows": (IMMORTALITY X CELEBRATION
SONG).  I can hardly wait!

There were more seeds from those two DG-13 X TF pods than anything I've
ever seen here other than bee pods - 78 in one, 81 in the other, way
more than the usual 20 to 40.

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Yahoo! Groups Links