Re: REB: HOMSK

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: REB: HOMSK
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@volfirst.net>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 16:37:53 -0400

Thanks Betty & Jim.

I am delighted with this one!  Keeping my fingers crossed that it won't
always bloom this late.

Interesting what your monitor did to the color, Betty.  Now that the
flower is fully open, the standards are a very pretty shade of pale
greenish yellow, falls are 'thick' white on the surface with green
veins, a bit yellowish on the undersurface.  Very 'cool' flower.

Before it opened fully, there was a very pale purplish/bluish tint or
wash on the upper surface of the falls, also a few pinkprick dots of
lavender on the very edges of both standards and falls, and a very faint
thin grayish lavender rim on the upper surface of the falls.

I hope it blooms again or there are still some buds that develop during
some cooler wetter weather to enrich the colors a bit.

Betty said:
<Nice!     Linda, it's coming out as white standards and very pale blue
falls on my monitor.  Is this correct?>

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8