CULT: Dividers

  • Subject: [iris-photos] CULT: Dividers
  • From: "Michael D. Greenfield" mgreenfield@cinci.rr.com
  • Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 15:37:06 -0400

Griff wrote
>By the way, it appears, from the photo, that you have separated your clumps with
>some sort of in-ground divider.  If so, what is it, please, and how well does it >work?
They work  super. I have used them many years. I kept adding them till I have
extra this year. They are 6" long drive in edger's that hook together. $8 to $10 per
20. Some are about 8 years old and still in use. If frost heaves them up you can
drive them back in with a mallet. One bed I have 4' long green ones that I make a
half circle with. A good sized clump will fit in them.
I never have a problem with one iris growing into another.
 Mike Greenfield
Zone 5b
SW Ohio
Region 6