iris neglect

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] iris neglect
  • From: "Donald Eaves" donald@eastland.net
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 12:02:17 -0500

Planted what I call my 'Schreiner Blues' seedlings in 1999.  Other than
removing 2-3 clumps the first year or two, they have simply been ignored to
do whatever they could.  So now I'm digging a mat of rhizomes about 4' x 6'
foot.  A section of the mat is shown on the top photo.  I can't tell where
one seedling begins and another begins.  They've been too nice to toss, but
aren't what I work with so I've just left them alone.  I'm not interested in
introducing anything, but if I ever could get an acceptable arilbred that
would bloom and survive in this manner, I'd consider it.  Even if it were
only specific to my conditions, it would still have merit.  Those conditions
are pretty harsh most of the time.

Donald Eaves
Texas Zone 7b, USA

Yahoo! Groups Links