{Disarmed} Re: Foliar damage

  • Subject: {Disarmed} Re: [iris-photos] Foliar damage
  • From: cseggen1@aol.com
  • Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 13:12:43 EDT

That foliage looks like my iris did in one bed.  It was very dry here this year.  Perhaps it is due to too much watering with a hose or being inconsistent with the watering.  My bed looked terrible & in fact Vanity fair did rot early this spring.  I have trimmed back the foliage that is left but I see little if any increase there as well.  It looks much better after the trimming & I did fertilize with a granular all purpose 10-10-10 since we should have about 6 wks of growing time after I did the cleanup.  My soil is very poor & is hauled in and only about 6 inches deep sitting atop the native rocks/soil of Missouri along the lake of the Ozarks.  Certainly not the best for growing anything but weeds!
Connie Eggen
Zone 5
Warsaw, Mo
__._,_.___ Web Bug from http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97476590/grpId=43451/grpspId=1602632694/msgId=34396/stime=1159723256