{Disarmed} Re: Re: [iris]HYB:Wearing Rubies

  • Subject: [PHOTO] {Disarmed} Re: [iris-photos] Re: [iris]HYB:Wearing Rubies
  • From: "J. Griffin Crump" jgcrump@cox.net
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 19:35:58 -0400

Thanks, Betty.  How much simpler it would be if all lovely flowers were mounted on good stalks!  What I haven't noted here before is that 01S3 has a sibling, 01S2, that is a near-twin and ALSO is vertically challenged!  Talk about frustration!  So, those shortness genes in AURA LIGHT really have to be reckoned with.  On the other hand, I have just registered another sibling of these two, 01S15, as LEMON SQUEEZE.  It is 32" tall and very nicely proportioned (photo attached).  So, as my mentor of many years ago, Earl Roberts, said: "Plant every seed."

And, to be fair to WEARING RUBIES, I had forgotten that I dug a big, healthy rhizome of it to auction at our spring show.  So, I'd say it's increasing at an acceptable rate here.   --  Griff