{Disarmed} Pearlized high-sheen seedling 1

  • Subject: [PHOTO] {Disarmed} [iris-photos] Pearlized high-sheen seedling 1
  • From: "Carol Ann Moyer" Mrs_science@hotmail.com
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 22:28:17 -0400

Margie, I love this new seedling. It's unique and looks like it has good substance.  I wish I didn't live at the other side of the U.S. so that I could see it in the garden.  Your question about photographing the pearlizing with the digital got my curiosity going.  I went throught my recent photos from this past bloom season and noticed that the best glistening and best sheen images ( I don't have any pearlized) were taken with the sunlight shining low in the sky about an hour before sunset.  The other ones that I shot with a flash in broad daylight gave that sideways illumination that seems to be needed to get the sparkle or reflection that is needed.  Not easy. I'm not an expert but this is my what has been lucky for me since it doesn't seem to be an exact science.  I'm attaching  an image of Leda's Lover which I think looked good with the surface twinkle.  This is the first time I've replied so I hope it works.  Carol Ann from Doylestown PA.
__._,_.___ Web Bug from http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97476590/grpId=43451/grpspId=1707632694/msgId=34770/stime=1161311726

Iris Iris plants Purple iris
Iris bulb Photos of

JPEG image