{Disarmed} Re: Re: HYB:Wearing Rubies/growth problems

  • Subject: {Disarmed} Re: [iris-photos] Re: HYB:Wearing Rubies/growth problems
  • From: "Colleen Modra" colleen@impressiveirises.com.au
  • Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 05:46:41 +0930

Maybe the climate is similar but are you on similar soils? I think that we often focus on the climate but not soil pH etc
I have a fairly similar climate to much of South Australia, but a very different soil pH 6.1, where as much of the surrounding area is highly alkaline (often about 8.5) . Most irises rebloom less for us (even though we have a bit more rain) and often plants that grow well elsewhere don't do so well here and vice versa.

Colleen Modra
Adelaide Hills
South Australia