{Disarmed} HYB: Wearing Rubies seedling

  • Subject: [PHOTO] {Disarmed} [iris-photos] HYB: Wearing Rubies seedling
  • From: Robin Shadlow rshadlow@yahoo.com
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 20:19:06 -0700 (PDT)

I have large numbers of Wearing Rubies seedlings, so I thought I'd share some shots over the next day or so.  WR grows quite well here.  It has never rotted and has increased well.  The form is fairly variable - sometimes quite wide, and other times just average.  By far, most of the seedlings are various shades of Burgundy, but I am going to post some of the variations I saw.  It is an easy parent, very pod and pollen fertile here.  I used it primarily on rebloomers that rebloom in my area, and it shows, but if crossed to better parents of different colors, I would expect some very interesting colors to result.

The first is Wearing Rubies X Pink Attraction on its maiden bloom

The second is Wearing Rubies X Balderdash.

A fair demonstration of the value of choosing better parents :  )

Robin Shadlow
zone 5 NE

but the second won't rebloom here, and the first may be a path to that end- so it'll be the one that gets worked a bit more

Do you Yahoo!?
Get on board. You're invited to try the new Yahoo! Mail. __._,_.___ Web Bug from http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97476590/grpId=43451/grpspId=1707632694/msgId=34914/stime=1161832937

Iris Iris plants Purple iris
Iris bulb Photos of