{Disarmed} Re: Pagan Dance, seedlings

  • Subject: {Disarmed} [iris-photos] Re: Pagan Dance, seedlings
  • From: Robin Shadlow rshadlow@yahoo.com
  • Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 20:17:45 -0700 (PDT)

Pagan Dance does not do nearly as well as Wearing Rubies here, though it did bloom one summer.  I actually brought the pollen for this cross home from Blue J- Leonard and Kathy Jedlicka's garden.
I wouldn't cross the two Wearing Rubies X Pagan Dance seedlings though, their faults line up too closely.  I have some other seedlings with wider rims that were unrelated that I used.  Its not that I don't like the pattern Linda, just want to improve the stalk and bloom and of course it needs to rebloom :  )
Really surprised that Wearing Rubies isn't happy there Colleen, it must have a pH preference. And no I wouldn;t think the results of a sib cross would be happy there.
I checked my records Betty, and while I am certain that crosses were attempted with the Wearing Rubies X Pink Attraction, none took.  I had extremely low take rates during peak this last year, think the humidity was the culprit since the pollen have in the fridge is viable.
Robin Shadlow
zone 5 NE
where those seeds are getting potted on this- my very least favorite day of the year

Do You Yahoo!?
http://mail.yahoo.com __._,_.___ Web Bug from http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97476590/grpId=43451/grpspId=1707632694/msgId=34960/stime=1162091972

Iris Iris plants Purple iris
Iris bulb Photos of