Re: Fw: [iris] Iris By Continent? was OT: new web site

  • Subject: Re: Fw: [iris] Iris By Continent? was OT: new web site
  • From: "Colleen Modra" <colleen@impressiveirises.com.au>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 06:48:25 +0930

Hi Jan
The name was irresistible since it first flowered the day after I had attended a judges training where the trainer had been emphasising the traditional form, domed stds etc. Also George Sutton had told me never to use It's Magic as a parent, because I'd never get anything good out of it.
I've also got a registered seedling out of Pumpkin Cheesecake which George also said I'd never get anything good out off. It's a bit slow to increase so haven't released it yet.
Gilded Angel - Overjoyed x Pumpkin Cheesecake
When hybridisizing don't be afraid to break a few rules, you might get a lot of rejects, but you might also get a breakthrough. Trust your instincts and let the blooms talk to you. I look at my blooms and try to see all the underlying colours, patterns and forms etc and try to imagine "what if". Mind you, sometimes you get more than you imagine.
Colleen Modra
Adelaide Hills
South Australia