RE: HYB: Better Picture of Diploid Number Two, and Question

  • Subject: RE: HYB: Better Picture of Diploid Number Two, and Question
  • From: thomas silvers <tesilvers@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 13:10:18 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Jan,
Thanks for the info about Ruth's Love. Those
reblooming seedling are still pretty in the garden,
even with their crazy curvy stalks. And I hadn't
thought about the added value that'd have for flower
And you're very wecome! I'm glad to hear that those
tectorum seedlings are doing well for you. It's been
exceptionally hot and dry here too (in Maryland) -- I
think I heard something about it being our fifth
driest September on record. I hope those tectorums
bloom for you next season.
Thanks again, Tom

Jan wrote:

Ruth's Love, TB Sexton 1962 - yellow and white RE, has
fall bloom stalks which wander all over the place. I
love them for flower arranging because they are so
much more fun to arrange than the straight line stalks
of the spring. Yes, Ruth is straight in the spring.
I have been growing it for many years and the fall
stalks are like that every year. I have a few others
which do the same thing in the fall and are straight
in the spring.

Your tectorum seedlings are doing well despite the
long hot and dry weather here in Chatsworth. Thank