Re: RE: Dark Top plicata IB

  • Subject: Re: RE: Dark Top plicata IB
  • From: irischapman@aim.com
  • Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2009 10:31:32 -0400

Hard to say what it's weaknes is. But I have heard from a few people who also commented that Epicentre isn't hardy for them. Last winter I lost lots of plants and Epicentre seedlings took a very hard hit.

We do have very difficult springs here. Spring comes slowly. It is cold and wet and many freeze/thaws which is hard on plants.

Another factor which seems to be important is the min temperature  during summer. The min temperature being above 16C and below 21C seems to be important. We don't get a lot of min temps above 16 until mid August, and then not too many before it goes below this .

Do you have min/max eadings in yuour garden? if not then what is closest weatehr station with online records?

Chuck Chapman