Re: HYB: quirky seedling

  • Subject: Re: HYB: quirky seedling
  • From: Linda Mann <lmann@lock-net.com>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 06:38:02 -0400

A lot to be said for vigor and rebloom! Unfortunate that it has
murphy's usual mismatch with form. :-( What's its pedigree?

A word of encouragement - PFb1, the parent/grandparent of several of the
seedlings posted recently has tucked falls like that, esp when it first
opens. PFb1 can produce some really awful (weak and ugly) kids, but
also some nice ones. I've been using it for health/vigor, suspected
rebloom ancestry, height, and bloom size.

<This little IB reblooming seedling got a blue ribbon at last week's
Chesapeake and Potomac show. The judges liked the turned-under petals
and the squiggly foliage, while wondering whether either or both were
typical of the plant. They are. It's one that I gave to a friend
because she admired it, though I had no plans for it. It rebloomed for
her and was quite vigorous, so, when she insisted that I take some back,
I did. I have no idea what its parentage is. But I may cross it with
another IB or two, just to see what happens. -- Griff>