regiliocyclus DARDANUS-palnting instructions? Help!
iris-photos@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: regiliocyclus DARDANUS-palnting instructions? Help!
  • From: "gardens_r4_me" <pdelnegro@wi.rr.com>
  • Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2011 17:29:58 -0000

I just recieved my order of DARDANUS and I have not a clue how to plant them. I can't find any information on the internet, either. The rhizome has a cut end, an end where there was a stalk, a few nodes on the sides & its kinda flat-ish. Laid out flat, I can't really tell which side is the top. I think there are some remnants of roots on one side. So, do I plant it flat as a cristata? vertical as a bulb? or diagonally as a peony? How deep? I have found other cultural info, just not planting instructions! If anyone can help, please do so. Thanks so much. Patty