re HYB: seeds to give
  • Subject: re HYB: seeds to give
  • From: "Donald Eaves" <donald@txol.net>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 10:44:55 -0500

I'm not giving seeds away like Loic, but he has the right idea. I started
saving seeds I didn't plant and storing them in the deep freeze. Now if I
have the lifespan of Methuselah and never collect another pod there still
wouldn't be time to plant all the seeds. The freezer bags are 1 gal size
and stuffed to the bursting point with pill containers each containing seeds
from a pod. The original idea was to have seeds to plant in the years that
are bad for making pods. I generally take some out and plant every year,
but overall have put more in than I take out. Lots of seeds.

Donald Eaves
Texas drought zone, USA

JPEG image