ID help [2 Attachments]
  • Subject: ID help [2 Attachments]
  • From: Shaub Dunkley <sdunkley1@bellsouth.net>
  • Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2013 00:18:59 -0400

I've been trying to straighten out a label mixup between Titan's Glory,
Phantom Masquerade and Ghost Train. Web photos of all vary even among a
cultivar, so not definitive. I had one clump slanting towards PM because
of having the tallest stalks. None are listed as rebloomers though TG is
a carrier. So for 5 yrs no rebloom - then this Sept the"PM" is
reblooming quite nicely as photo "lostlabel5105" shows. To perplex me
more: The first bloom opened on the same day as my consistent reblooming
Rosalie Figge. Previously RF has always rebloomed in mid to late Oct.
(I'm Z6b btw.) The blooms placed side by side are virtually identical
color and pattern wise, even undersides. The "PM" has stalks a few
inches taller and maybe a tad sweeter smell. Bloom carriage is different
as photo "RosalieFigge5096sm" shows. Are odds more that "PM" was
acquired mislabeled and is none of the above? My photos might be biased
towards blue.

JPEG image

JPEG image