REB: rebloom seedlings [3 Attachments]

Some discussion on iris talk about using 'coastal/Mediterranean
climate/California/Oz' introductions (including those that rebloom where
they were born) in rebloom breeding programs in harsher climates.

Chuck asked for examples of form or color in my seedlings that have
incorporated 'coastal etc' introductions. Here are two examples, one
for form, one for color. It's very early days in my breeding program
for recapturing rebloom and color/patterns, combining them with form and
durability. It took ~15 yrs to get a good collection of seedlings with
form that satisfies me combined with rebloom ancestry and super healthy
grown habits, & I was afraid it was going to take just as long to
recapture rebloom, much less get back to color & patterns.

The white one is (Immortality x Treasured) X Tea Leaves.

The colorful one is (15(Immortality x org5(Golden Apple x Crystal
Glitters)) X Decadence.

And a view of 4 rows of seedlings from the past two years. >70% (quick
count) of these have up to half west coast genes (including Schreiners).
>50% have Ghio, Keppel, Blyth, CA Sutton, or Golden Panther breeding.
Most of the GBK Sutton & Golden Panther didn't live much past one bloom
cycle here. These were planted as babies starting spring 2013. Maybe
Fall 2012 - my brain has stopped. Older seedlings on left, spring 2014
on right. Some are first generation, some second, a few third.

Linda Mann zone 7b east TN USA

JPEG image

JPEG image

JPEG image