Re:REB: Imm X Spirit in the Sky

Interesting question, Chuck. Nearly everything from E through M was
frozen out by hard late spring freeze.

So the short answer is probably no. I don't take notes on what doesn't
bloom, just try to photograph the ones that do. No way to know if it
didn't try or didn't bloom, but I don't have photos of it from this
spring. That I can find.

This is a seedling from 2008 seeds, planted in the ground early spring
2009, left in place until fall 2013. The parent clump has bloomed in
spring and fall. Not sure when maiden bloom was, but it was not fall
2009. Most likely spring 2010, if it wasn't frozen out. The clump put
up a stalk at least two different years in the fall before I dug,
divided and re-set it about this time last year, 2013. So it fall
bloomed at least two of the years 2010, 11, 12, 13.

However, none of that answers your question.

Two of the rhizomes/chunks of rhizome (I don't try to divide them all)
planted last fall have stalks so far. One is just starting, not showing
color yet.

If you need to know, I'll check to see if I can figure out whether or
not these two baby clumps have signs of dead spring terminals.

Just curious, why do you ask?

> Did this clump bloom in Spring?
> Chuck Chapman

So many seedlings putting up stalks in the newer rows with all this warm
rain, I'm wishing I'd gotten the energy to water July/Aug/Sept to see
how many would have bloomed earlier. Oh well...

Linda Mann