Re: SPEC: Iris lazica

--- In iris-photos@y..., "Peter Maynard" <Peter.Maynard@b...> wrote:
> Fantastic Paul. probably the biggest flowering clump of I.lazica I
have ever
> seen. What is it's garden situation. The "books" usually say it is
happy in
> semi shade in a damp soil unlike I.unguicularis, but are so often wrong!

I'd better get that individual flower photographed then..... to make
sure it IS I. lazica <grin>.

Gets afternoon sun.  Treated exactly as my I. unguicularis (in fact is
about a foot from the nearest clump of them (they run along the edge
of a path). Get sun for most of the afternoon (but none in morning)
with a dripper to each clump so they get water when the rest of the
gardens are watered.  The system they are on is probably the least
used of any of the watering systems.  Certainly is not damp and shadey.

REALLY starting to sound like I'd better get the individual photo to
confirm it is the correct species.

Paul Tyerman
Canberra, Australia

P.S.  For reference one of my clumps of I. unguicularis (in this case
'Blue Stripe') thrives in shadey conditions that are quite damp.  By
the sound of it it shouldn't?

Monitoring Service trial