Viruses

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Viruses
  • From: John Jones <jijones@usjoneses.com>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 06:57:40 -0700

If you haven't installed a virus scanner on your computer, you really
need to. There are some nasties going around now that will comletely
lock up your system.

There is a free online virus check. I cac't vouch for how effective it
is, and I think you need remember the old axiom "You get what you pay
for." None the less it is better than nothing:

I received this from Emazing.com and daily computer tips service:

"Online Virus Checking
  If you'd like to check your computer for viruses but don't really want to
  install an antivirus program, why not have your computer checked via
  the Internet? You can go to HouseCall and use Trend Micro's free
  online virus scanner. You can register to have free virus information
  sent to your, or you can get your computer scanned for viruses without
  registering. Click on:"

http://housecall.antivirus.com/

One last note. If you don't have a virus scanner, and infect the
list...woe is you... <grin>  I do expect you to take appropriate precautions.

http://www.AISGiftShop.com

USDA zone 8/9 (coastal, bay)
Fremont, California, USA
Visit my website at: