Re: TB: Gentile Rain

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] TB: Gentile Rain
  • From: "Bob & Donna Lockman" thelockmans@tntie.com
  • Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 14:40:24 -0400

Sally,
You may be able to match  a name to your iris from Spring Hill but it won't
be easy.
Your problem sounds much like the one I had years ago when I bought a plant
from Spring Hill. My plant was listed in their catalog as Mediterranean
Pinks and they described them as 6 inches tall and pictured them in front of
other taller plants in a sunny bed. They offered the whole bed for a good
price. I took it. I planted the Pinks in front as suggested. My plants are
18 to 20 inches tall !!! I cannot see the ones in the back of the bed. I
found that what I have is Soapwart. They were of no help to me in figuring
it out, however. I took some of it to a horticulturist at a near by
Botanical Garden and he identified it for me. He had some on the premisies
there and we compared it. Same thing....I am always skeptical of ordering
from them now. Good luck finding the true name for your iris, as they may
have called it something to their own liking!!!
Donna
NCz7/8

Looking for a more powerful website? Try GeoCities for $8.95 per month.
Register your domain name (http://your-name.com). More storage! No ads!
http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aHOo4D/KJoEAA/MVfIAA/2gGylB/TM