Re: TB: Barcelona R&I?

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: TB: Barcelona R&I?
  • From: Linda Mann lmann@volfirst.net
  • Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2002 21:21:36 -0400

I wonder if this is one that has gotten mixed up in commerce, or if it
just varies a lot in color depending on soil/weather.

The 1980 Schreiner catalog says: "...two-toned Iris with standards of
beige-champagne with violet infusions at midribs.  Wide, flaring falls
are rich wine red with tangerine beards."  Late bloom.  That description
pretty well matches their photo and mine.

But the 1960s checklist says:
"S yellow ochre (07/3), violet infusion in midribs; F pansy purple
(928/3); tangerine beard.  Pipes of Pan X ruby red sdlg. 8-21B5."
Midseason bloom.

That would make it a half-sib to LIGHTNING RIDGE, which is about the
strongest growing weed I have.  My mystery variegata is also a midseason
bloomer.

Bonnie said:
<I always thought that we grew Barcelona but when I saw this picture I
realized that what we had was a Ruth mix-up.>

Ok, that really is all for tonight.
--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Tennessee Whooping Crane Walkathon:
<http://www.whoopingcranesovertn.org>

Looking for a more powerful website? Try GeoCities for $8.95 per month.
Register your domain name (http://your-name.com). More storage! No ads!
http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aHOo4D/KJoEAA/MVfIAA/2gGylB/TM