Re: Suspect Wal Mart Prissy Miss

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Suspect Wal Mart Prissy Miss
  • From: "Robert Dickow" dickow@uidaho.edu
  • Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 12:19:28 -0700

He he! I got a great deal once-- 75 cents for the last, dried up little
broken rhizome of Iris 'Ritz' from a hardware store bulb bin. Matter of
fact, it was marked as $1.99 but I talked the teller into giving it to me
for 75 cents, saying 'it looks dead.' Of course I knew better. Ritz is now
my wife's favorite SDB in my garden, and it is a rank grower and bloomer.

Moral: Don't overlook Walmart-style bargain bins...if you know what you are