  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: NAME THAT CULTIVAR !!!!
  • From: "onbananaroad" asmuslibrary@attbi.com
  • Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 14:51:31 -0000

I "inherited it" in a garden plot that the previous homeowners had
"cleaned out" their perennials - I called them, and they said it had
been left by the owners before them.

those people didn't remember any names, just that it was pink, and
they thought they had "taken with them" all the rhizomes, "sorry"

no no no no need to apologize--three years later, I had three blooms,
and now (five yrs later) I've given away nine increases, and have
dozens of blooms from my five or six clumps.

I love Harold's response and idea. Shakespeare said it too, "a rose,
BY ANY OTHER NAME, would smell as sweet."

if anyone wants to send me a pink to plant and compare/confirm, I'll
send you one of mine in return.

Dan Asmus
Saint Paul, MN

--- In iris-photos@y..., "brice rose" <iris@s...> wrote:
> How long ago did you obtain that iris and where did you get it?  I
am asking because I have seen that iris before.  It has a very
recognizable beard, different from others.  It might take me a while
but it will come to me.  I think that I grow it but I am in the
middle of digging and I am on overload.  I have seen a picture of it
or something like it.  It's those beards that I remember seeing.  Let
me know what you can about it.  Bonnie

Plan to Sell a Home?