Re: Iris reichenbachii (ID Assistance)

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] Iris reichenbachii (ID Assistance)
  • From: Kenneth Walker kenww@pacbell.net
  • Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 18:50:17 -0700

The flower's general form, veining,  and the intense violet
purple under the bluish beards remind me of Iris stonifera,
though you might expect the edges of the petals to be more

It does not look like the pictures of Iris reichenbachii
that I have seen. They are supposed to have falls that are
distictly curved under. Most are yellow, but I don't think
even the purple ones are supposed to be that strongly veined.
While I don't have enough familiarity with Iris reichenbachii to
rule it out, I am skeptical.

Ken Walker
Concord, CA USA
USDA Zone 9, Sunset Zone 14

"Kelly D. Norris" wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> This picture came across another listserve I am on and
> I figured you all could help.
> The man believes the photo below to be Iris
> reichenbachii.  You can email Graplant@aol.com for
> more information or the correct id.
> =====
> Botanically,