Re: PCN:seedling

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] PCN:seedling
  • From: "Harold" harold@directcon.net
  • Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 10:16:24 -0700

Bill wrote "Am I facing moisture, humidity, temperature, light (latitude) or other or all?"

Yes and probably a couple of dozen factors that have not been mentioned. Try the SPCNI site for basic information on climate because it varies with species. Some grow only where it doesn't freeze and there is moisture all the time. Some grow in the Sierra Nevada's where it freezes and is dry all summer. The interspecies hybrids combine the ability to live in different climatic conditions.

I don't consider planting seeds to be tilting windmills, just a low probability of success. ONly a little money, space and effort is involved. However if you were to purchase PCIs, then you would be close to "tilting".

Harold Peters
Beautiful View Iris Garden
2048 Hickok Road
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762