Re: PCN:seedling

  • Subject: Re: [iris-photos] PCN:seedling
  • From: "Harold" harold@directcon.net
  • Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 13:34:47 -0700

I am also not an expert on PCIs so that my opinion would be significant. My vote would be to introduce it. I have some PCIs and would like to propose a seed exchange. I would like your seedling x Echuca (and vise versa). I can send you a list of what I have and I will attempt to get seed from any requested crosses.
I figure seed is a better mechanism of exchanging between the two hemispheres.
Harold Peters
Beautiful View Iris Garden
2048 Hickok Road
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762
Sent: Wednesday, September 25, 2002 3:36 AM
Subject: [iris-photos] PCN:seedling

Here are a couple of shots of a PCN seedling from Echuca (Blyth), one photo is from the newly opened and the other from the second day.
It's more robust and vigorous than it's parent and holds it's blooms nicely upright.
I'd appreciate any comments as I'm considering registering it.
Colleen Modra
Adelaide Hills
South Australia  Zone 8/9

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor