Re: TB: Ringo again

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: TB: Ringo again
  • From: Linda Mann lmann@volfirst.net
  • Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 17:55:28 -0400

Interesting, Christy.  I would have glanced at that photo and said, yeah
sure, that's RINGO all right.  But like yours, the boundary between
white and purple on the falls isn't sharp like I thought it is on the
'other' RINGO.

RINGO is a bit of a puny grower here, so I ordered three starts of it
this year to try to at least get one year of bloom before the increases
dwindled and frittered around, only to have all three main rhizomes
rot!  Nearly everything else I bought or was given this year has done
well with the same treatment - temporary potting in sand or sandy mix in
partial shade, lots of watering.

So maybe your RINGO is less rot prone?

Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Tennessee Whooping Crane Walkathon: