[PHOTO] MDB: LIBATION | Thu, 4 Sep 2003 16:24:18" />

[PHOTO] MDB: LIBATION

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] MDB: LIBATION
  • From: laurief laurief@paulbunyan.net
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 03 16:16:05 -0600

Hello All,

Now that I have all my irises divided and back in the ground, I thought I
might start posting a few of the irises that bloomed here in the
northland this spring.  Since I have posted many of my irises in the past
(those pics are still available in the iris-photos archives), I will post
only those cvs that were new bloomers in my garden this year.

LIBATION surprised and delighted me not only with its remarkable depth
and richness of color, but with its almost startlingly velvet texture as
well.  Unbelievable!  If I could upholster my entire house in its tiny
petals, I would.

LIBATION (B. Hager, R. 1974). Sdlg. AHD2541B. MDB, 5" (13 cm), M-L. S.
wine red; F. deeper wine red, darker spot area; yellow beard. Prodigy X
(Scale Model x Brownette). Melrose Gardens 1975

laurief@paulbunyan.net
http://www.geocities.com/lfandjg/
USDA zone 3b, AHS zone 4 - northern MN
acidic clay soil