Re: AB: JEWEL OF OMAR

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: AB: JEWEL OF OMAR
  • From: laurief laurief@paulbunyan.net
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 03 12:47:33 -0600

>JoO goes completely dormant under the growing conditions
>it has on my place.  For me, depending on those
>conditions, OB-s, OGB-s and RB-s tend to all go dormant.

Thank you for that explanation, Donald.  I assumed most quarterbreds
would behave like beardeds and retain their summer growth.  At least that
seems to be the case with the few I have managed to keep alive here -
except, of course, JoO.

>JoO grew rampantly
>in place for about 5 years with prolific bloom, then started to decline

Then it's a darn good thing I dug and divided it this year!  The clump
was very crowded.

>Try some of Mathes's intros.  They seem to be really
>strong growers for me in terms of arilbreds.

Thanks.  I'll keep that in mind.  What I'd really like to try are a few
RBs and RB-s.  My understanding is that they should be able to handle
cold country reasonably well.

Ah well.  More for the wish list.

Laurie

laurief@paulbunyan.net