Now I'm WAY confused

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Now I'm WAY confused
  • From: "David Ferguson" <manzano57@msn.com>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 15:04:56 -0600
  • Seal-send-time: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 15:04:56 -0600

I compared photos of 'Sweeter than Wine' and to me the pattern does not appear to match, and I would say this is not it.  I found one photo of 'Amethyst Dancer', and it looks rather similar, more so than 'Sweeter than Wine', but again I don't think it is an exact match.  'Ringo' looks similar, but again, I don't think it matches.  So far, the only one I've compared that is what I would consider an exact pattern match is 'Liaison.

'Liaison is a very common Iris, which has been distributed in the past in offerings that showed up at places like Walmart, Kmart, and Builder's Square.  I got it several times that way, sometimes correctly labeled, sometimes not.  I here that it is hard to grow in some regions, but in New Mexico it is almost a weed, growing rapidly and flowering heavily.

I have to vote for 'Liaison as being the closest suggested so far, but I am still bothered by the coloring of your photo Gina.  I'm wondering if there isn't a touch too much blue in the photo (not an uncommon color shift)?

Most of the ones suggested are a bit less blue than your photo.

Dave

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links