Re: CULT: Lazy Man's New Flower Bed

  • Subject: [iris-photos] Re: CULT: Lazy Man's New Flower Bed
  • From: "Mary Swann-Young" MryL1@msn.com
  • Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 13:28:16 -0500
  • Seal-send-time: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 13:28:16 -0500

Yeah, that would work! The point is to bury those weed seeds and keep them down there as long as possible.  I've heard
a lot of weed seeds can stay viable as long as iris seeds can.   The first bed I did in fall 2003 still had almost no weeds this
summer, and the iris planted there seem to think they're in Oregon.
BTW, if anybody is going to try this, Mr Obvious says pick a calm day to lay down paper!
I do use some newsprint that has colored ink.  Not much, and never the 'slicky' inserts.
I probably should have titled this the Weed-Hater's bed, but my DH is still asleep at 1:30PM and I'm not acquainted with
any lazy women.
Mary Lou, near Indianapolis, Z5