Re: red fox

  • Subject: [PHOTO] Re: [iris-photos] red fox
  • From: iris4u2@comcast.net
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 23:23:08 +0000

Clem, This past summer, early in the morning, just about 1/2 hour before sunrise Mr. Red Fox was brazenly trying to venture down the steps to go through the doggy door into the basement.   Little did he know my dalmation mix loves to chase rabbits and fox and was waiting just behind the doggy door.  Needless to say the race was on.  As fast as my dog is (half whippet and half dalmation) was no match for Mr.Fleet  Foot Fox.  (she did catch a rabbit the other day)  From one side of the property to the other.  In a single bound up and over a six foot fence the fox went.   Zoey lost interest and came back to the house so proud she gave Mr. Fox a good chase.  A few min. later Mr. Fox was back standing on top of the compost pile almost laughing.  No, it is definitely a fox and not a chipmunk.  To make this legal I have enclosed a picture of a Red Fox.
Bob in Denver
Iris4u Iris Garden