HYB: seedling "Millie"

  • Subject: [PHOTO] [iris-photos] HYB: seedling "Millie"
  • From: Linda Mann lmann@lock-net.com
  • Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2006 20:59:53 -0400

Called my aunt Milford right after this one opened today, so "Millie" is
its garden name.  TWILIGHT FANCIES X (IMM x CSONG).

Probably not introduceable, unless maybe it starts blooming all summer,
but getting closer.  Nice form, substance, pizazz, health, but branching
isn't good, not sure about bud count, plus the foliage isn't quite as
healthy as I'd like & petals could be a little wider.  This whole cross
was disappointing - weak, rubbery, thin stalks, unhealthy foliage
(relative to the best during peak leaf spot season).  Some nice blooms,
but....

Not to mention being "just another blue amoena".

Still, it's better/stronger here than any reblooming amoenas I've
bought, so will definitely keep it awhile.

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Yahoo! Groups Links