COMP: squirrely archives

  • Subject: [iris-photos] COMP: squirrely archives
  • From: Linda Mann lmann@lock-net.com
  • Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 07:20:53 -0400

For those of us who are archive surfers and have recently been
frustrated by not being able to get to them (seems to be more often
lately), I thought I would share this from Chris, our archive wrangler
at Mallorn:

   <[the Mallorn]....network connection totally died.  ....the wires
had been chewed through by squirrels for a complete two blocks,   so SBC
had to run totally new lines and install new boxes.  .... things should
be a lot more stable now.  ..... the line condition was so bad that it
would account for a lot   of problems we've had.  Chris>

And we thought <we> had problems with gophers and voles and June bug
larvae chewing the irises! <g>

--
Linda Mann east Tennessee USA zone 7/8

Yahoo! Groups Links