HYB: Pink seedlings

  • Subject: HYB: Pink seedlings
  • From: "FRANCELLE EDWARDS" <fjmjedwards@worldnet.att.net>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 01:01:32 -0700

I plant my iris seeds into the ground 7 inches apart.  During the next two or three years, even if the germination is very good, the stronger ones will crowd out the weaker ones, and the inferior ones will be thinned out, so overcrowding is usually not a great problem.  I think this cross, however, is the best I have ever made.  Not only was the germination good, but every seedling grew well and bloomed beautifully.  There are at least four siblings in this picture.  I spent the morning digging and trying to separate them.  What a mess!  I know for sure that I rescued my favorite, the one in the lower left of the picture.  The other thing I know is that I am going to have a large bed full of pink irises next year with the fun and frustration of trying to determine the best ones and disposing of those that don’t measure up.

Francelle Edwards  Glendale, AZ  Zone 9

__._,_.___
Yahoo! News

Kevin Sites