Re: HYB DD05-49=Sapphire JewelXWhat Again

  • Subject: Re: HYB DD05-49=Sapphire JewelXWhat Again
  • From: "irischap" <irischapman@aim.com>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 13:14:31 -0000

That is an interesting Hypothesis and one worth exploring, but way way
too early to present as a fact. That one out of two seedlings that
rebloomed, may never do it again (I've had that happen many times) and
it may be the only one that reblooms out of a hundred seedlings.

Certainly a working hypothesis. If anyone has other information on
reciprical crosses of this type I'd love to hear the results.

Mike, have you had any experience that is relevant?

Chuck Chapman

--- In iris-photos@yahoogroups.com, "loic tasquier" <tasquierloic@...>
wrote:

> Wanna have fun?
> Here are all the seedlings that bloomed the first year from
DD05-49=Sapphire Jewel X What Again

> There are still more to come, but till now, NOT ONE rebloomer among
all these!

> On the other hand, from the opposite cross DD05-16=What Again X
Sapphire Jewel, from the two seedlings i got, one is a rebloomer
(posted Fri, 27 Jul 2007 ) .

> Statistically small example, but still confirms that we have more
chances to get rebloomers when it's the moher that is the rebloomer
and the father the carrier!

> Lo�c

__._,_.___
Yahoo! News