Re: Re: surviving hot climate (was seedling of Bold 2009 MTB

  • Subject: Re: Re: surviving hot climate (was seedling of Bold 2009 MTB
  • From: "Margie Valenzuela" <IrisLady@comcast.net>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 07:16:27 -0700

Hi Linda,
IMMORTALITY does grow and bloom in the spring, however it does not rebloom for me. It may rebloom in cooler Arizona climates. (Or if it's babied, but I don't baby my irises.)
HARVEST OF MEMORIES grows, blooms in the spring, AND reblooms regularly.
Most, if not all reblooming TB's will grow and bloom, at least in the spring. Makes me wonder if those in particular has both kind of genes - the Aphylla, and warm climate genes - along with the rebloom gene.
I think these kind of varieties would do a hybridizer well if he/she used those. It seems they perform well almost anywhere.
~ Margie V.
Oro Valley, AZ.